Zero Waste Programs and Events
Zero waste events are waste reduction activities conducted on clients’ site to raise awareness and engage their staff. Occupants of that facility participate in the event. For example, a barbecue event is planned and organized by the client and G F Environmental staff will be onsite to monitor progress.
Waste and recycling generated onsite are weighed and a report is presented to the client. Conducting such events annually is also a great way to monitor waste reduction progress and improve communication among staff.
Why you should host an environmental event
- It makes the workplace more exciting.
- Educate and motivate your staff.
- Improve your organization’s environmental image.
- It’s a great opportunity to launch a new recycling program.
- Take part in environmental celebrations such as Earth day, Canadian Environment week and Waste reduction week.